cuda50 on gtx780?

Started by krismach, June 07, 2013, 09:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've installed the latest Lunatics_Win64_v0.41 and selected cuda50, but for some reason BOINC shows cuda42. I have GTX780 with latest nvidia drivers 320.18. Is this normal? Or should I be seeing cuda50 in BOINC?

Quote from: krismach on June 07, 2013, 09:45:05 AM
I've installed the latest Lunatics_Win64_v0.41 and selected cuda50, but for some reason BOINC shows cuda42. I have GTX780 with latest nvidia drivers 320.18. Is this normal? Or should I be seeing cuda50 in BOINC?

As the the plan class is just a label, that might have been there from work left in cache, I'd check Windows task manager to see what's actually running.  Note that you might have to wait for stock tasks that were already in progress, before even seeing that change.
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin
---
Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.
Edward Lorenz

You still had some CUDA42 on the machine when you installed the optimized apps, but they show that they were completed by the CUDA50 app.

Ah yes, I see it now. New WU show as cuda50. Thanks guys