Testing!

Started by Jason G, February 06, 2011, 04:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nothing to see here, move on please  ;D
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin
---
Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.
Edward Lorenz

Just trying to get a feel for the software.

Cool that it seems to be mostly working already.  Was there much to set up ?
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin
---
Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.
Edward Lorenz

Not really, upload the software, install it on my older mysql server, then I used the package manager to install the the portal software.

February 06, 2011, 05:11:57 AM #4 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:40:41 AM by Jason G
Just to let you know, it sent me a registration confirmation email (so that works) , and looks fine in Firefix & IE on Windows 7.
Charles Darwin
---
Edward Lorenz

And now I have a darker theme installed as well.

Okay, I think I got the downloads section working for everyone now.

Might be a bug where it does not show up for guests and members, but adding a block works just fine for what I want.

When i attempt a download, i get the following:

Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

Same when i register,

Claggy

So far it only seems to be the universal installer for windows that is causing it, I have tried all sorts of file changes and it still does it. Will work on it after work.

Got the problem solved by putting the files in a folder, creating a ISO disk image and then renaming it to a .7z archive.

It downloads fine and 7-zip opens it just fine.

Now I have to get some sleep as the alarm clock goes off at 5:25AM MST.

The Downloads section doesn't seem to be accessible by me, i get the following message:

An Error Has Occurred!

You are not allowed to view downloads.

Claggy

Try it now, I reset your permissions.

And yes this is a test account.

Yep, i can see the downloads section now,

Claggy

Quote from: Claggy on June 27, 2011, 09:10:37 AM
Yep, i can see the downloads section now,

Claggy

Good to hear, don't know what went wrong. Might have been one of the updates I did on the server recently.

Hi There,

Getting ready to take the plunge after my Weenders box crashed with mighty prejudice! I have U 11.04 on a smaller backup disc, and
will see about loading some optimized apps after I work off my cache. Thanks for being here; I expect to get comfy sometime soon!

Glad to be here. Thanks for letting me in.
Because we are NOT alone

Quote from: TouchuvGrey on October 27, 2011, 09:17:06 PM
Glad to be here. Thanks for letting me in.

I only keep it on admin approval to keep the spammer out, the questions help as well.

September 19, 2012, 09:48:33 AM #19 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:50:58 AM by Claggy
How about Technocolour for legal?    :D

(If anyone doesn't know what i'm talking about, every time i looked johann was a different colour)

Claggy