Roman in the Gloamin'

Started by arkayn, May 25, 2012, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://highlandswar.org/

Four thousand Roman soldiers, the distinguished Ninth Legion, marched into the north to subdue the rebellious Picts.  None ever returned.  Hadrian?s Wall, was then built by soldiers of the Second, Sixth and Twentieth Legions to keep Romans separate from the barbarians.

As night steals softly over the ground, it?s difficult for the Roman sentries to see clearly in the gloaming.  Night sounds from north of the wall drift though the air.  Are those muffled hoofbeats or the soft tread of approaching Picts?

The stage has been set for the War at Hadrian's Wall.

Highlands War will once again occur in the dry camp ground at Mormon Lake Lodge. The site opens at 8 a.m. Thursday, May 31 and closes at 12:00 noon on Monday June 4, 2012. (30 miles south of Flagstaff, AZ). Please join us for a unique respite from the heat of the deserts and stress of the cities and enjoy the cool of the meadows, forests, and mountains of Northern Arizona!

Operating on 3 hours of sleep I am hitting the road.

I just wish I could have slept longer last night, but I woke up at 1:30 AM and just could not get back to sleep.

Make sure you hit the coffee stall before you hit the trees at the side of the road...

I made it up there with no problems, just drank Mountain Dew instead.