Just ordered...

Started by arkayn, July 23, 2011, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A GTX560-1GB.

I plan on putting it into my AMD machine and move the GTX460 over to the Q8200 machine.

I have the HD5830 out on RMA, so I want to put it back into the Q8200 machine once it gets back.

After that, I will get a new Motherboard and PSU and run both the 560 and 460 together.

Looks like it will be here Wednesday, then I just have to swap out the cards and get back up to production speed.

Now running on my primary CUDA machine, waiting for some ATI stuff to finish on the Q8200 before I put the 460 in there.

Just changed out the motherboard on the AMD machine.

Now it is AM3 only and supports DDR3-1600 memory.

Also includes 2 PCI-E 2.0 slots so I can put in a second GPU once I upgrade the PSU.

Only one thing left to order and that will probably be on hold for a while. I do have the 12GB of RAM in the machine along with both cards and the PSU.

I how have a second hard drive and a second DVD drive installed in the computer.

1 HD and 1 DVD are IDE and the other HD and DVD are SATA.

Biggest problem was after moving things around in the case, I forgot to hook back up the IDE power connectors and could not boot. After that I had to do a little wiggling on the SATA power connector as the new drive was not showing up.

Now I am in the process of coping over my Steam game library from the external drive to the new internal drive so I can getter better game play.

Why not get a 560Ti instead of 560?

Price at the time, plus the 560 is actually newer tech than the 560Ti.

I now have 11,300 BTU's of cooling in my bedroom. Only problem is it is 2 different window A/C units.

I also have the swamp cooler in the living room, but that is on the south side of the mobile home while the bedroom is on the north.