XP Installation

Started by arkayn, July 18, 2012, 02:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I forgot how annoying a new XP install was, so many damn service packs and updates to install and restart after restart.

I am currently fixing up a computer that was having problems and I had to format and reinstall.

Now I am doing another machine running XP Pro.

Yeah pretty painful :) best of luck.  Probably when done keep an n-lited version on hand that can be used with any different valid key for the target machines.  I did end up saying goodbye to XP, and haven't really looked back with 7, for many technical reasons on top of I liked the feel (as opposed to Vista which just made me angry, lol).  I'm not sold on this tablet ipad lokking win8 mobile phone thing at all yet.  Maybe I'll understand it when they get to service packs.
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin
---
Chaos: When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future.
Edward Lorenz

Luckily they are not my machines, they belong to a couple of older ladies running a Realty/Vinyl Sign business.

All of mine are running Windows 7.

Not to mention if you had the XP directly connected at install.
The computer was infected before you had the chance to download any servicepacks. Luckily I ordered SP2 installation disc from Microsoft. So that I could have majoity of security patches applied....

XP is still quite quick for seti.

I am considering whether to wait for Win 8 or get Win7 for a new Rig.