Relocation of ProgramData\Boinc

Started by Caprio, July 21, 2012, 03:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

How to conveniently reconfigure the location of the programData folder from one drive to another?

I have moved it from C: to E: once but i cannot remember how i did it. Now I would like to revert back to C: as the E: drive is an SSD and I do not want to run boinc data on SSD.

July 21, 2012, 03:51:39 AM #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:01:15 AM by Claggy
Uninstall Boinc, move the Data directory, on reinstalling Boinc go into the advanced menu, and point the installer at the new location of the Data directory,

Claggy

Phew this migration was a hard job. I tried to avoid it at all cost but it took a while.

I installed Boinc 7. moved the old files and installed lunatics V.40. My files got lost. So I had to numerously re-append the downloaded files, also the client state xml, etc...

I then at one point edited anonymous xml and reinstalled lunatics again. Then the old seti project files and client state disappeared again. A few exercises over I'm done.

I also changed the cuda count to 0.5 instead of 1. GPU load now increased from 60% to 90% on average. Somehow in vista the GPU load is lower than in XP with same amount of tasks.